Preparatory Course for GCE-O Level Examination
1. Title and Origin:
• Preparatory Course for Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination (GCE-O)
• Ministry of Education, Singapore and Cambridge Assessment International Education
2. Program Summary:
The American Center for Education (ACE) offers a package of courses designed to prepare students for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level) examinations. The O-Level academic qualification is offered to students by examination boards in Singapore and several other commonwealth countries, including the United Kingdom. Here in Singapore, the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) and the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) jointly conduct the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level examinations. Singaporean students usually sit for their O-Level examinations upon completion of Secondary 4, when they are sixteen years old.
The passing of the O-Level examinations opens the way for students to choose one of two local educational options here in Singapore. One option is to apply for enrollment in one of the polytechnics or technical schools, where students may pursue their studies towards qualifications in vocational trades. Another option is to apply for enrollment in a two-year junior college, upon completion of which the students can sit for their A-Levels; after passing their A-Levels, students can apply for admission to a university here in Singapore.
Finally, students may also choose to study abroad after completing their O-Levels. The American Center for Education (ACE) offers several programmes for Singaporean and international students who wish to continue their studies at the college or university level in the United States of America.
Your successful completion of the O-Level examinations will be the first step you take in your higher educational journey, and ACE will help ensure that you will be well-positioned to achieve your long-term educational goals and career dreams.
3. Entry Requirements:
• Year 8/9 or equivalent international qualifications
• Minimum age: 16
• With basic knowledge of English as a second language or with its equivalent skill
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: 18 Months/1440 hours, 5 sessions per week x 4 hours
• Part Time: 18 Months/870 hours, 4 sessions per week x 3 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery:Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size:Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake:Oct to Apr of next year *Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Click here to find the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
• Additional Mathematics
• English Language
• Higher Chinese
• Combined Humanities
• Principles of Accounts
• Business Studies
• Science (Physics/Chemistry)
• Science (Physics, Biology)
• Science (Chemistry, Biology)
8. Graduation Requirement
• Complete the study of all selected modules
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignments / Projects (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Written Exams
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.