Post-graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
1. Title and Origin:
• Post-graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management (PGDHM)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The HM courses focus on both the theoretical and practical aspects of the hospitality management speciality, to provide students with relevant knowledge that can help them achieve their dreams of rewarding future careers in the exciting hospitality industry. Graduates in hospitality management go on to secure positions such as hotel general manager, housekeeping/maintenance director, hotel sales and marketing director, banquet/catering manager, restaurant/bar manager, casino operations & event management. Students may go on to apply for enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in International Hotel & Resort management or a related course/program.
3. Entry Requirements:
General Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or
its equivalent or above
Minimum age: 17
Score grade C6 or above for GCE O-level English, or
TOEFL IBT 54, or
IELTS 5.5, or its equivalent
*Note: Students not meeting the requirements must sit for English entry test.
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: Theory study, 6 Months/270 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours; On-the-job-training (OJT), 6 months
• Part Time: Theory study, 9 Months/270 hours, 4 sessions per week x 2 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery: Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size: Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake: Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year
*Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Click here to download the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
Please also refer to the OJT syllabus and Service agreement.
• Consumer Experience and Behavior
• International Travel and Sales Distribution
• Internet Marketing for Tourism Business
• Managing project Teams
• Methods and Research in Hospitality Management
• Strategic Marketing and Customer Service
• SHSMA 2096: Internship in Hospitality; Food and Beverage
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass 6 Major Modules
• Pass an Internship Module (or being replaced by a Final Project with approval)
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.