Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management
1. Title and Origin:
• Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management (DAFM)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management aims to provide students with the key knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts underlying all financial accounting including the preparation of accounting entries for non-current assets; advanced bookkeeping; the preparation of journals for correction of errors and year-end adjustments; the preparation of the extended trial balance to incorporate these adjustments and the preparation of financial statements for businesses and incorporated companies e.g. sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, and not-for-profit corporations.
3. Entry Requirements:
• C6 in any 5 ‘O’ level subjects or
• At least 10-year education or
• Pass ACE English Placement Test or
• Equivalent or above
Minimum age: 16
• Scored C6 or above in GCE O-level English, or
• ACE English Placement Test or
• TOEFL IBT 54, or IELTS 5.5, or
• Its equivalent
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: Theory study, 6 Months/216 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours
• Part Time: Theory study, 9 Months/216 hours, 3 sessions per week x 3 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery : Lectures and Tutorials (Blended)
• Class Size : Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake : Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year
*Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Please write to us for the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
• Introduction to Bookkeeping and Accounting
• Introduction to Financial Accounting
• Fundamentals of Cost and Management Accounting
• Principles of Cost Accounting
• Business Statistics Part 1
• Business Statistics Part 2
8. Graduation Requirement
The student is required to complete all 6 Core units.
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.