Advanced Diploma in IT Management
1. Title and Origin:
• Advanced Diploma in IT Management (ADITM)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
This course aims to equip the students with a range of knowledge and skills in IT Management. Students will acquire knowledge in Business Intelligence Technologies and gain insight into the fundamentals of E-commerce business. They will be introduced to methods and techniques used for building complex digital systems for business and society. They will also be taught the need for innovation and rigour in the building of complex digital systems for business. Security, information privacy as well as ethics will be explored at a greater depth. Fundamentals of information technology as well as the use of Information Systems and its role in businesses will be discussed.
Students shall complete three core modules, three general education modules and one internship module to be eligible for graduation. The internship module may be replaced by a final project if the internship is not available due to acceptable reasons subject to approval by the Academic Board.
3. Entry Requirements:
• Score C6 or above in any three GCE O-level subjects, or
• Completed Year 2 of High School, or
• Equivalent or above
• Minimum age: 17
• Scored C6 or above in GCE O-level English, or
• TOEFL IBT 51, or IELTS 5.0, or
• Its equivalent
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: Theory study, 12 Months/540 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours; On-the-job training (OJT), 6 months
• Part Time: Theory study, 18 Months/540 hours, 4 sessions per week x 2 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery: Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size: Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake: Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year
*Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Description:
Please write to us for the Course Synopses and Module Description.
Please also refer to the OJT Service agreement.
SCSTA 116: Business and Professional Communication
• SECON 100: Modern Economics
• SMGMT 250: Global Business Society
• SPHIL 320M: Business Ethics
• SPSYC 101: General Psychology
• SSOCI 100: Introduction to Sociology
• SECON 202: Macroeconomics
• SECON 201: Microeconomics
• SBIS 311: International Business
• SACCT 231: Principles of Accounting 1
• SMNGT 480M: International Marketing
• Operations Management
Business Intelligence Technologies and Solutions
• Essentials of E-Commerce
• Innovating Digital Systems and Services
• Digital Infrastructures for Business
• Fundamentals of Information Technology in Organizations
• Information Systems for Business Management
• Technology and Cyberspace: Ethics & Issues
• Information privacy, Security and Continuity
• IT Management Internship
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass any 6 Major Modules
• Pass total 12 Modules (Non-major and Major Modules)
• Pass Internship Module (or being replaced by a Final Project with approval)
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.