1. All students who are Student’s Pass holders must achieve a minimum attendance of 90% per month.
2. To qualify for the final examination, students must achieve a minimum 75% attendance rate for the module.
3. All students must submit valid medical certificates for such absences.
4. Students who need to apply for a leave of absence with a valid reason (s) must submit the application form for management approval, which is on a case-by-case basis. A written consent letter from the parent or legal guardian is required for students below 18 years of age.
5. ACE shall notify the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) whenever the student who is on a Student’s Pass is absent continuously for more than seven (7) days or if the monthly attendance is less than 90% without a valid reason. The student’s pass could be cancelled for any international student who has been absent from classes for 7 continuous days.
6. ACE shall not hesitate to take disciplinary actions against students who do not meet the attendance requirements. The disciplinary sanctions shall be in accordance with, and as set out in, the procedure to handle Student Attendance. These actions include 1st counselling, 2nd counselling, 1st warning letter, 2nd warning letter, final warning letter, and dismissal from the school. Depending on the seriousness of the issue, the intervention measures could be adjusted on a case-by-case basis.