Preparatory Courses for Secondary 1-3
1. Title and Origin:
• PREPARATORY COURSE FOR ADMISSION TO GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS (SECONDARY 1) (PRE-SEC-1)
• PREPARATORY COURSE FOR ADMISSION TO GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS (SECONDARY 2) (PRE-SEC-2)
• PREPARATORY COURSE FOR ADMISSION TO GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS (SECONDARY 3) (PRE-SEC-3)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The preparatory course is designed to help the foreign students who plan to enrol to government secondary schools in Singapore.
The students will get familiar with the Singapore School Examination System from the study in this course.
The course study material is based on the syllabus provided by Singapore MOE.
(Please refer to: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/syllabuses/sciences/
After the completion of this course, the students are supposed to be able to take the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) provided by Singapore MOE
3. Entry Requirements:
|Program Level||Minimum Age||English Requirements||Academic Requirements|
|For Secondary 1||11||English at Primary 5 Level or Equivalent||Completed at least Primary 5 or Equivalent|
|For Secondary 2||12||English at Primary 6 Level or Equivalent||Completed at least Primary 6 or Equivalent|
|For Secondary 3||13||English at Secondary 1 Level or Equivalent||Completed at least Secondary 1 or Equivalent|
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: 6 Months/450 hours, 5 sessions per week x 5 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery:Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size:Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake:Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year *Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Click here to check the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
8. Graduation Requirement
• Complete the study of the selected modules
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.