Higher Diploma in Business Administration
1. Title and Origin:
• Higher Diploma in Business Administration (HDBA)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The BA programs are designed for students who wish to pursue a career in business. It is a combined exposure to communication skills and social sciences with other science subjects. The course prepares students for a wide range of careers in business, government and non-profit organizations.
Higher Diploma in Business Administration is another level to complete before achieving a bachelor’s degree in BA.
3. Entry Requirements:
• Diploma/Advanced Diploma holders in Business Administration or similar majors
• Minimum age: 17
• Pass GCE ‘O’ Level English subject, or
• Minimum TOEFL IBT 61 or IELTS 5.0, or
• Equivalent English Level and Skills
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: 12 Months/270 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours
• Part Time: 12 Months/270 hours, 4 sessions per week x 3 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery: Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size: Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake: Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year *Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Click here to download the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
1. International Business
2. The World of Ideas
3. Writing in Your Major
4. Marketing Principles
5. Ethics Beyond Borders
6. Strategic Management Accounting
7. Management Principles and Practices
8. Organizational Behaviour
9. Introduction to Operations Management
10. Case Studies in Strategic Management
11. Principles of Management Information Systems
12. Managerial Accounting
13. Marketing Management
14. Operations Management
15. Intercultural Management
16. International Business Environment
17. People and Organisation
18. International Marketing
19. Managing People
20. Technology and Cyberspace: Ethics and Issues
21. Information Privacy, Security and Continuity
22. Essentials of E-Commerce
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass any 6 modules
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.