Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management
1. Title and Origin:
• Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management (HDHM)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The objective of the Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management qualification is to provide learners with an educational foundation for a career in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘Hospitality ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Hospitality Management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change especially in this technological and digital environment.
3. Entry Requirements:
• Completed GCE ‘A’ level or
• Completed Advanced Diploma studies from ACE in any disciplines or
• Matured learners (over 25 years) with 3 year’s work experience); or
• Other professional qualifications, foreign or private Advanced Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
• Equivalent or above
Minimum age: 18
• Scored C6 or above in GCE O-level English, or
• ACE English Placement Test or
• TOEFL IBT 54, or IELTS 5.0, or
• Its equivalent
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: Theory study, 12 Months/360 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours; On-the-job training (OJT), 6 months
• Part Time: Theory study, 18 Months/360 hours, 3 sessions per week x 3 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery : Lectures and Tutorials (Blended)
• Class Size : Minimum Six (6) – Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake : Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year
*Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
• Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
• Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
• Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
• Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Please write to us for the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus including OJT.
Please also refer to the Service agreement.
• Introduction to MICE: Technology for Hospitality
• HRM for Hospitality Management
• Service Quality Management for Hospitality
• Event Management
• Financial Aspects for Hospitality Management
• Personal and Professional Development
• Marketing for Hospitality Management
• Operations Management for Hospitality Management
• Industrial Attachment (IA) or Final Project
8. Graduation Requirement
The student is required to complete all Core units.
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.