A. ACE has the following Course Withdrawal Policy.
1. A standard course withdrawal request form shall be filled out and signed by a student who intends to discontinue from all courses with ACE.
2. A written consent from the parent/guardian is needed if the student is less than 18 years of age.
3. The Management is prepared to listen to and consider genuine cases of withdrawal requested by students even after the students have signed the student contract.
4. The withdrawal process takes a maximum of 4 weeks to be completed and the student is liable to pay for the consumed study not being paid (if any).
5. ACE’s refund policy shall apply for all qualified refunds.
6. The signed student contract will be cancelled from the effective withdrawal date and the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) insurance for this contract is treated as invalid and will be handled accordingly.
7. ACE shall cancel the Student’s Pass (if any) accordingly.
B. ACE has the following Course Withdrawal Procedure.
The student who intends to withdraw shall use the online form (FRM-218 Service Request Form) to request for a withdrawal service by stating the details including the reason(s) and supporting documents (if any). The student will be required to attend a meeting session to discuss the request and sign on the submitted online form. A written consent from the parent/guardian is needed if the student is less than 18 years of age.
The SSO shall verify the form details to ensure the student has filled in all the necessary and correct information with any supporting documents (if available or being required). The SSO shall ensure that the student signs on the printed online request form.
The Marketing Manager or the AM shall counsel the students to:
a. Determine the reason(s) for the withdrawal and document all findings
b. Propose alternative solutions to students to discourage the student from withdrawing
If the process continues, the case will go to the Finance & HR Department.
The FM determine whether there is any entitled refund according to the Refund Policy. If there is any outstanding payment to be paid by the student, it shall also be indicated. The FM indicates the breakdown of the refund amount to the student. Any entitlement shall be handled according to the Procedure under Criterion 4.3.1.
The FM shall obtain the MD’s approval to issue the refund within 7 working days from the withdrawal request.
The FM shall proceed with the cancellation of the existing Student Contract, and the Student’s Pass (if any) accordingly. The FPS protection will be treated as invalid after the cancellation of the existing Student Contract, but the FPS policy is not required to be cancelled immediately in case if the student returns to continue studying.
The FM shall update the Tracking of Student Performance Outcomes accordingly.
The FM shall ensure that the student withdrawal records (DAT-126.96.36.199 Tracking of Course Withdrawal Records) are updated in the IMS and in the Working Files (C4.4.1 Withdrawal Records) within one week after the completion of the case.