A. ACE has the following Course Transfer Policy.
1. A standard course transfer request form shall be filled out and signed by a student who intends to change the course or period of study (from full-time to part-time or vice versa) but remains as a student of ACE.
2. A written consent from the parent/guardian is needed if the student is less than 18 years of age.
3. The transfer process takes a maximum of 4 weeks to be completed and it can only be processed if the student meets the entry requirements of the new course and there is no outstanding fee for the consumed study.
4. ACE’s refund policy shall apply for all qualified refunds.
5. ACE shall provide a pre-course counseling session to the student for the intended course.
6. Upon signing a new Student Contract to cancel the existing contract or issuing an addendum to the existing contract, the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) insurance for the existing contract shall be cancelled when new FPS insurance is purchased or the existing FPS insurance shall be amended accordingly. If a new Student’s Pass is required, the existing FPS insurance could be cancelled upon the approval of such new Student’s Pass.
7. For a Student’s Pass holder, course transfer might be subject to ICA’s approval of a new Student’s Pass. If such new Student’s Pass is rejected by ICA, the student could request to withdraw the transfer request to continue with the previous study.
B. ACE has the following Course Transfer Procedure which allows students to apply to transfer from one course to another course within ACE.
The student who intends to change the course or period of study (from full-time to part-time or vice versa) but remains as a student of ACE shall use the online form (FRM-218 Service Request Form) to request for a course transfer service. The student will be required to attend a meeting session to discuss the request and sign on the submitted online form. A written consent from the parent/guardian is needed if the student is less than 18 years of age.
The Student Support Officer (SSO) shall verify the form details to ensure the student has filled in all the necessary and correct information with any supporting documents (if available or being required). The SSO shall ensure that the student signs on the printed online request form.
The Academic Manager (AM) or the Management Team (MT) member shall check to ensure that the student meets the new course minimum entry requirements and make the decision to notify the student within 4 weeks from the point of student’s request.
The Finance & HR Manager (FM) will follow up to determine any eligible refund for the student or any outstanding payment to be paid by the student. The FM shall also propose the unconsumed course fee to be eligible to transfer to the new course. Such proposal shall be approved by the Managing Director (MD).
The Marketing Staff or Course Consultant shall conduct the Pre-course Counselling on the new course to the student. In addition, the student will be informed on the following:
a. The possible need (if required) to apply for a new Student’s Pass.
b. The need to sign a new Student Contract and cancel the existing contract or amend the existing contract.
c. Any refund entitlement in accordance with the Refund Policy.
d. The possibility of transferring any unconsumed course fees to the new course with a new Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) insurance.
The OM shall update the Tracking of Student Performance Outcomes accordingly.
The FM shall ensure the up-to-date student transfer records (DAT-22.214.171.124 Tracking of Course Transfer Records) are updated in the IMS and in the Working Files (C4.4.1 Transfer Records) within one week after the completion of the case.