ACE has the following Course Deferment Policy.
1. All requests for course deferment must be made in writing to ACE. Deferment through any other means including email and telephone will not be entertained. All requests must be supported with documentary evidence.
2. Consent from parent/guardian is needed if student is below the age of 18.
3. Students are allowed to defer only once up to the maximum period of 6 months.
4. Approval for deferment is at the sole discretion of ACE management.
5a. For Prospective Students
If In-Principal Approval (IPA) has been granted by ICA prior to the approval of the student's request for deferment of the course, the IPA granted will be deem as 'lapsed' or will be cancelled by ACE as deem appropriate. If the student wishes to re-enroll for the course, they will need to re-apply for Student's Pass as new application.
5b. For Existing Students
For International students whose request for deferment of module(s) has been approved by ACE, they will be required to cancel their Student's Pass as required by ICA. These students will need to re-apply for Student's Pass 2-months before the date of commencement of the referred module(s).
ACE has the following Course Deferment Procedure which allows students to apply to
defer from one course in ACE.
1. The student who has the deferment request shall obtain the form (FRM-230 Course Deferment Form) to fill up and sign. The relevant supporting documents shall be attached.
2. The Academic Manager will reply to acknowledge the request within 3 working days.
3. The approval of the request is on a case-by-case basis.