Post-graduate Diploma in IT Management1. Title and Origin:
• Post-graduate Diploma in IT Management (PGDITM)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The course aims to provide the student with knowledge and skills related to the Management of Technology.
The student will acquire knowledge about the importance of various types of Information Systems starting from Transaction Processing Systems to Management Information Systems and Expert Systems and understand the need for use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) while building current applications. The topic on Ethics is covered in the module Technology and Cyberspace: Ethics & issues.
The course also provides insights into Process and Work Flow Management and provides students with knowledge about new business models that can be used for E-Business. Information Security which has become so important today is also looked at in detail and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) is also discussed.
The exposure a student will gain from learning about Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems enable them to understand how IT systems are used to interconnect various departments of an enterprise to provide them with competitive advantage.
The students shall complete three core modules, three general education modules and one Internship module to be eligible for graduation. The internship module could be replaced by a final project if the internship is not available due to acceptable reasons being approved by the Academic Board.
3. Entry Requirements:
- • General Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or
- • Advance Diploma with minimum 3 years working experience, or
- • Its equivalent or above
- • Minimum age: 18
- • Score grade C6 or above for GCE A-level English, or
- • TOEFL IBT 61, or IELTS 6.0, or
- • Its equivalent
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: Theory study, 6 Months/270 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours; On-the-job training (OJT), 6 months
• Part Time: Theory study, 9 Months/270 hours, 3 sessions per week x 3 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery: Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size: Minimum Six (6) - Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake: Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year
*Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
- • Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
- • Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
- • Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
- • Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Please write to us for the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus including OJT.
Please also refer to the Service agreement.
- • SCSTA 116: Business and Professional Communication
- • SECON 100: Modern Economics
- • SMGMT 250: Global Business Society
- • SPHIL 320M: Business Ethics
- • SPSYC 101: General Psychology
- • SSOCI 100: Introduction to Sociology
- • SECON 202: Macroeconomics
- • SECON 201: Microeconomics
- • SBIS 311: International Business
- • SACCT 231: Principles of Accounting 1
- • SMNGT 480M: International Marketing Major Modules:
- • Management and Innovation of E-Business
- • Process and work-flow management
- • Digital Infrastructures for Business
- • Technology and Cyberspace: Ethics & Issues
- • Information Systems for Business Management
- • Information privacy, Security and Continuity
- • Fundamentals of Information Technology in Organizations
Enterprise Resource Planning
- • Advanced IT Management Internship
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass any 3 Major Modules
• Pass total 6 Modules (Non-major and Major Modules)
• Pass Internship Module (or being replaced by a Final Project with approval)
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.