Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management1. Title and Origin:
• Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management (ADHM)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The HM courses focus on both the theoretical and practical aspects of the hospitality management speciality, to provide our students with relevant knowledge that can help them to achieve their dreams of rewarding future careers in the exciting hospitality industry. Graduates in hospitality management go on to positions such as hotel general manager, housekeeping/maintenance director, hotel sales and marketing director, banquet/catering manager, restaurant/bar manager, casino operations & event management. A student may go on to apply for enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in International Hotel & Resort management or a related program.
3. Entry Requirements:
- • Scored C6 or above in any three GCE O-level subjects, or
- • Completed year 2 of High School, or
- • Equivalent or above
- • Minimum age: 17
- • Scored C6 or above in GCE O-level English, or
- • TOEFL IBT 54, or
- • IELTS 5.0, or its equivalent
*Note: Students not meeting the requirements must sit for English entry test.
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: Theory study, 12 Months/540 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours; On-the-job training (OJT), 6 months
• Part Time: Theory study, 18 Months/540 hours, 4 sessions per week x 2 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery: Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size: Minimum Six (6) - Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake: Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year
*Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
- • Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
- • Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
- • Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
- • Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Click here to download the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
Please also refer to the OJT syllabus and Service agreement.
The students without diploma must complete two semesters' modules.
The diploma holders in Hospitality Management or relevant majors are required to complete one semester's modules before being awarded the Advanced Diploma.
Non-relevant diploma holders are advised to apply for module exemptions.
- • SEN 101: English Writing 1
- • SEN 102: English Writing 2
- • SENGC 1103: Business English Writing
- • SENGL 101: Freshman English for International Students
- • SCOMM 1111: Interpersonal Communications
- • SCSTA 116: Business and Professional Communication
- • SECON 202: Principles of Macroeconomics
- • SECON 201: Principles of Microeconomics
- • SACCT 231: Principles of Accounting 1
- • SMGMT 250: Global Business Society
- • SPHIL 320M: Business Ethics
- • SMIS 100M: Fundamentals of Information Technology in Organizations
- • SCSIS 215: Information Systems for Business Management
- • SBIS 311: International Business
- • SMNGT 480M: International Marketing
- • SECON 100: Modern Economics
- • SHSMA 1103: Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- • SHSMA 2173: Convention and Meeting Management
- • SHSMA 2144: Food/Beverage Management Cost Control
- • SHSMA 2172: Hospitality Sales and Marketing Management
- • SHSMA 1162: Hotel Lodging / Management
- • SHSMA 1143: Principles of Food Production and Sanitation
- • SHSMA 2174: Front Office Operations
- • SHSMA 2201: Tourism Management
- • SHSMA 2202: Human Resource Management in Hospitality
- • SHSMA
2203: Beverage Management
- • SHSMA 2096: Internship in Hospitality; Food and Beverage
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass any 6 SHSMA Major Modules (SHSMA 1103 is Compulsory)
• Pass total 12 Modules (Non-major and Major Modules)
• Pass Internship Module (or being replaced by a Final Project with approval)
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.