Preparatory Course for IELTS1. Title and Origin:
• PREPARATORY COURSE FOR INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM (IELTS)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The objective of this course is to prepare our students to pass the IELTS (the International English Language Testing System).
Our IELTS course will prepare our students to pass the Academic version of the IELTS test. According to the description provided by the official website of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), IELTS is "the world's proven English language test. IELTS was one of the pioneers of four skills English language testing over 17 years ago, and continues to set the standard for English language testing today. Close to 6000 organizations and more than one million test takers around the world trust and recognize IELTS as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation. IELTS is jointly managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL) through more than 500 locations in 120 countries. … IELTS is the International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe. Conducting one million tests globally, IELTS is the world's most popular English testing system. IELTS is accepted by more than 6000 organizations worldwide. These include universities, immigration departments, government agencies, professional bodies and multinational companies. … IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL) and offered through more than 500 locations in 120 countries. International teams of writers contribute to IELTS test materials. Ongoing research ensures that IELTS remains fair and unbiased. Test writers from different English-speaking countries develop IELTS content so it reflects real-life situations. … IELTS has two versions – Academic and General Training. The Academic test is for those who want to study at a tertiary level in an English-speaking country. … All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking tests but different Reading and Writing tests."
3. Entry Requirements:
- • Completion of Middle or High School or Equivalent
- • With basic knowledge of English as a second language or with its equivalent skill or above *Note: Students not meeting the requirements must sit for English entry test.
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: 3 Months/180 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours
• Part Time: 5 Months/180 hours, 4 sessions per week x 2 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery:Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size:Minimum Six (6) - Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake:Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year *Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
- • Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
- • Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
- • Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
- • Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Please write to us for the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
- • 1. IELTS Preparatory Module
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass the module
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.