Advanced Diploma in Business Administration1. Title and Origin:
• Advanced Diploma in Business Administration (ADBA)
• American Center for Education
2. Program Summary:
The BA programs are designed for students who wish to pursue a career in business. They combine exposure to communication skills and social sciences with other science subjects. The course prepares students for a wide range of careers in business, government and non-profit organizations.
3. Entry Requirements:
- • GCE 'O' level graduates passing 3 subjects, or
- • High school graduates or its equivalent or above, or
- • Completed Year 11 or above, or
- • Minimum age: 17
- • Pass GCE 'O' Level English subject, or
- • Minimum TOEFL IBT 61 or IELTS 5.0, or
- • Equivalent English Level and Skills
*Note: Students not meeting the requirements must sit for English entry test.
4. Total Course Duration/Instruction Hours:
• Full Time: 20 Months/720 hours, 5 sessions per week x 3 hours
• Part Time: 28 Months/720 hours, 4 sessions per week x 2 hours
5. Mode of Delivery, Class Size and Intake:
• Delivery:Lectures and Tutorials (Face to face)
• Class Size:Minimum Six (6) - Maximum Forty (40)
• Intake:Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov of each year *Note: The course intake months might be adjusted.
6. Course Fees:
- • Please click here to find out the relevant fee details.
- • Please follow your signed student contract to make the relevant payment.
- • Students and parents shall transfer the course fees directly to ACE bank account or make the payment to ACE finance department.
- • Students and parents shall pay attention to the risk of paying course fees through recruitment agents or other third parties.
7. Course Synopses and Module Syllabus:
Click here to download the Course Synopses and Module Syllabus.
The students without diploma must complete two semesters’ modules.
The diploma holders in Business Administration or relevant majors are required to complete one semester’s modules before being awarded the Advanced Diploma in Business Administration.
Non-relevant diploma holders are advised to apply for module exemptions.
- • 1. SENGL 121M: Writing Intensive I
- • 2. SENGL 231M: Writing Intensive II
- • 3. SCOMM 231M: Interpersonal Communication
- • 4. SENGC 1103: Business English Writing
- • 5. SCSTA 116: Business and Professional Communication
- • 6. SECON 100: Modern Economics
- • 7. SPSYC 312M: Research Methods
- • 8. SMATH 115M: College Algebra
- • 9. SMATH 120M: Pre-Calculus
- • 10. SHIS 361M: History of Asian Americans
- • 11. SCOMM 233M: Introduction to Intercultural Communications
- • 12. SMIS 100M: Fundamentals of Information Technology in Organizations
- • 13. SSTAT 201M: Statistics I
- • (14. SECON 201M: Macroeconomics)
- • 15. SECON 202M: Microeconomics ?????
- • 16. SACCT 210M: Financial Accounting
- • 17. SSOCI 101M: Introduction to Sociology
- • 18. SREL 304M: Introduction to World Religions
- • 19. SMNGT 480M: International Marketing
- • 20. SPHIL 320M: Business Ethics
- • 21. SPSYC 100M: General Psychology
- • 22. SECON 311M: Economics of the Environment
8. Graduation Requirement
• Pass any 16 modules
9. Assessment Methods:
• Assignment (Homework, Quizzes, Group work & etc)
• Mid-Term Examination
• Final Examination
Please refer to this page for the relevant lecturers being assigned to the relevant modules.
If you need any extra information about this course, please click here to write to ACE course consultants.