Withdraw & Transfer
ACE has the following Course Withdrawal Policy which allows students to withdraw from a course.
1. Application for course withdrawal shall be reviewed on a case-to-case basis. The withdrawal request might be denied if no proper signatures are filled by students. Refunds (if eligible) will be made in accordance to the refund policy stated in the Student Contract.
2. The withdrawal process takes a maximum of FOUR (4) weeks to complete. The refund process (if eligible) takes SEVEN (7) days to complete.
3. Students under the age of 18 years shall require their parents or legal guardian to sign the withdrawal form or obtain a written letter of consent from their parents or legal guardian.
4. For the students requesting for withdrawal with outstanding fees unpaid, ACE will adopt the necessary legal actions to recover the owed amount and the student may be dismissed from school during the process of recovering outstanding fees. Students shall bear the extra cost incurred during the fee recovering process.
5. Students who are approved of withdrawals will be deemed as terminating their Student Contracts with ACE, and the relevant Fee Protection Scheme will be cancelled accordingly.
6. International Students who are approved of withdrawals are required to cancel the student's pass and abandon the Banker's Guarantor sponsored by ACE (if applicable) immediately. Students have to bear any losses or damage incurred with the Banker's Guarantor.
7. International students are required to obtain a short visit pass to stay in Singapore once the student's pass is cancelled. However, students should leave from Singapore within the valid period of short visit pass. Any person who overstay in Singapore may be liable on conviction to a fine or to imprisonment for a term or to both.
ACE has the following Course Transfer Policy which allows students to apply to transfer from one course to another course within ACE.
1. Application for course transfer shall be reviewed on a case-to-case basis. The transfer request might be denied if proper signatures are missing from the student.
2. The transfer process takes a maximum of FOUR (4) weeks to complete.
3. Students under the age of 18 years shall require their parents or legal guardian to sign the transfer form or obtain a written letter of consent from their parents or legal guardian.
4. The transfer request subjects to the approvals from Academic and Finance Departments. Students who are approved of transfer will be deemed as terminating their previous Student Contracts with ACE, and the relevant Fee Protection Scheme will be cancelled accordingly.
5. International Students who are approved of transfer are required to renew the student's pass for the new course within 30 days after the new contract is signed. ACE does not guarantee the successful renewal of student's pass. Students have to bear any losses or damage if the renewal of student's pass is not approved by ICA. In such cases when the new student's pass is not approved, the fees being transferred from the previous course to the new course is not entitled for a refund.
6. When a student transfers from one course to another course, if it is approved to use the unconsumed course fee to offset the entire or part of the new course fee, such amount should be given as the discount amount rather than transferable such amount to the new course fee.
ACE has the following Course Withdraw Procedure which allows students to apply to transfer from one course to another course within ACE.
1. The student who intends to withdraw shall approach the Student Service Officer (SSO) to fill up and sign the withdrawal form (FRM-225 Course Withdrawal & Refund Form). The SSO shall verify the form to ensure the student has filled up all the necessary information with the student's signature. The case will be submitted to the relevant Marketing Director/Manager together with the Academic Department on the same day.
2. The relevant Marketing Director/Manager or the AM will conduct the Counseling sessions (if applicable) with the student within 3 working days. The findings including the detailed reasons for withdrawal from the counseling session will be updated into the withdrawal form (FRM-225). The MKD/MKM or the AM shall try the relevant possibilities to provide alternative solutions to help the student to understand whether withdrawal is the best solution.
3. If alternative solutions cannot resolve the case and the student continues with the withdrawal request, the case will be presented to the MD for acknowledgment.
4. When the student continues with the withdrawn request, the Refund Procedures will be initiated by the Finance & HR Department to check if the student is qualified to receive any refund. (Refer to the Refund Procedures in 4.3.2)
5. The FM/Officer, working with other managers, will attend to the various withdrawal steps, including:
a. Issuance of a letter inside the withdrawal form to the student to confirm the withdrawal and refund (if applicable)
b. Cancellation of the Student's Pass (if applicable)
c. Termination of the student contract
d. Cancellation of the FPS protection
e. Giving a refund to the student (if applicable)
6. The process starts on the date of receiving the withdrawn request and it shall not take more than 4 weeks to complete.
7. The management team shall conduct the monthly verification session to check that all the course withdrawal cases (including the updates of the forms FRM-225) are executed closely by following the withdrawal procedures.
ACE has the following Course Transfer Procedure which allows students to apply to transfer from one course to another course within ACE.
1. The student who intends to transfer to another course in ACE shall approach the SSO to complete the transfer request form (FRM-227 Course Transfer Form). The SSO shall verify the form to ensure the student has filled in all the necessary information. An incomplete form is considered as an invalid request. The case will be submitted to the FM/Officer on the same day.
2. The Course Consultant/AM will be notified by the FM/Officer to perform the following activities.
a. Check whether the student meets the Entry Requirements/Pre-requisites of the new course.
b. Discuss with the student the reasons for the intention to transfer, and explain to the student the implications for his or her Student's Pass, etc. (such as the fact that ACE must cancel the c. Current Student's Pass and apply for a new Student's Pass for the new course. Students cannot hold ACE liable should the Student's Pass application not be approved by the Singapore ICA.)
d. Inform the student that a transfer course fee and the new Student's Pass application fees are payable upon submission of the form and that the fees are non-refundable.
e. Inform the student regarding the amount to be topped up if applicable.
3. If the student still wants to transfer to a new course after the discussion, the FM/Officer presents the case to the AM and the MD for approval.
4. The Refund Procedures will be initiated by the FM/Officer if the student is qualified to receive any refund. (Refer to the procedures in 4.3.2) For any unconsumed course fees which is not refundable from the previous course, a discount of the new course fee might be given to the student upon the approval from the top management.
5. The FM/Officer, working with the other managers, attends to or oversees the various transfer matters, including:
a. Notify the student about the status of the transfer application
b. Stop the transfer process if it is not approved
c. If the transfer is approved, terminate the existing contract and cancel the FPS protection of the existing course
d. Prepare and sign a new course contract
e. Cancel the Student's Pass and submit a new Student's Pass application to ICA (if applicable)
f. Receive the new payment (if applicable) and buy a new FPS protection
6. Local students will be notified of the outcome within 7 days from the receipt of the transfer request. International students will be notified of the outcome of the Student's Pass application within 4 weeks from the receipt of the transfer request (this may vary and depends on the e ICA's processing period).
7. The management team shall conduct the monthly verification session to check that all the course transfer cases (including the updates of the forms FRM-227) are executed closely by following the withdrawal procedures.